Thursday, July 24, 2008

2 Years, 5 Months and 25 Days Later

I met you in the virtual world.
We chatted in our spare time and exchanged personalized letters.
You came to me in the real world and you and I became us.
We shared our love and our lives even if we were separated by a six-hour bus ride.

You were not wealthy and that’s ok.
I was proud of your good education and the job you loved.
You were an inch shorter than me and that’s ok too.
I had too many curves on me anyway.
You had your habits and flaws.
I have my weaknesses and shortcomings.

I never expected you to be perfect even if everybody thinks you are.
I myself am not perfect.
I never expected you to give up your favorite MMORPG game.
I joined you in the game.
I appreciated your weekly bus ride to come to me.
I shortened the distance to a one-hour bus ride and came to you.
You were concerned about my safety and security.
I stopped my activism and advocacy.
You cared about my morality.
I became an inactive member of my sorority.
You expected me to care for you.
I tried to domesticate myself.

I put my complete trust in you.
I only expected your fidelity.
You be only mine as I am only yours.
I valued this in our relationship.
You were aware of this.

I guess my one expectation was too much to meet.

I felt the pain.
I pushed you away.
You just gave up.

I lost my trust in you.
I lost my love for you.
I lost all hope of us.

At least I still have myself or what’s left of me.

The pain has healed.
I’m moving forward.

I am at peace.
I gained my faith.
I have high hopes.

---&--@

2 comments:

Honie Kwon said...

nice poem..:)
but i can still the pain..:D
ahehe..

arah said...

wahhhhhhh...naloka ako..
ikaw ba yan ms. em?
huhuhuhu...ramdam na ramdam ko
kasi may pagkakahawig..hehe
muli na namang kinurot ang puso ko..
lav u ms. em...miz u...