Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hair Trouble

A quote says "a woman's crowning glory is her hair". What does that even mean? I have unmanageable hair. Does that mean I have no glory. Perhaps I have disheveled glory.
Regardless, I made the effort to keep my mane under control. I have straight and fine hair but growing hair defy the law of gravity. Two to three inches of newly grown hair shoot out in every direction like weeds. I've had this since I was younger so it does not bother me that much anymore. But in the interest of public service, I know I still have to make my hair presentable.

Here are the things I tried that did not work:

1. Combs

Round Brush, Rectangular Brush, Cheap Brush, Expensive Brush

Fine-tooth Comb, Wide-tooth Comb, Ordinary Comb, Cheap Comb, Expensive Comb


2. Devices & Implements

Hair Dryer (works until the wind blows)

Hair Iron (does not reach the roots)


3. Shampoo & Conditioner

All brands from Unilever, Proctor & Gamble, Colgate-Palmolive

Other Local Brands

Imported brands

Plain Shampoo

Shampoo with a separate conditioner

Shampoo and conditioner combined


4. Other Hair Products
Gels
Hair Wax

Pomade (eeew)


5. Hair Treatments
Hot oil

Hair Spa

Rebond (I wish I spent the money on clothes instead)


6. Hair Accessories (to hide the situation)

Hairband

Clips

Hairpin

Cap


7. Hair Cut

Long (up to my waist with the hope that the weight would bring down standing hair)

Boyish Haircut

Ear Length

Shoulder Length

Layered

Straight


8. Hair Style

Hair Parted in the Middle

Hair Parted to the Side

Braids

Ponytail

Semi-ponytail


Let's see, I haven't tried perming my hair or cutting it really short as in nearly skinhead. But I have yet to muster my courage to do these things.


Oh, I just thought of another option. Why not make Einstein's hair the "in" thing. In that way my hair is in fashion and I don't have to do anything else. The Genius look! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

1 comment:

Honie Kwon said...

wenks.. bad hair day ba.. hahaysz.. kmusta nmn un..:D.. anyway.. wag ka mag skin head..hmmppfh..hnde bagay for sure.. pahabain mo ulet..gaya dati..