Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Morning

I usually wake up to the sound of my mobile phone alarm. That sound marks the start of my pretty much routine daily schedule. It bores me sometimes...well most of the time now. I'm surprised I haven't died from boredom yet. I always considered myself a free spirit and being tied down to this boring routine is just plain unsatisfying. It frustrates me sometimes and it takes effort to restrain myself and think rationally. I dream of breaking through the barriers of what I can do, the places I can be, the person I can become...to realize more than what is expected of me. But I am tied down to this routine. I guess other things have to wait for a while. (sigh!) I hope I don't get too impatient though. It is not only for myself that I am tied to a routine. It's also for the people I love.

Today is a different day. I know. I woke up to a pleasant sound. It was a piano rendition of Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting. It was Jake practicing his piano upstairs. The bright sun was already peeking inside my room. I loathed the heat of global warming and smug but I love the sun. I am a Leo after all. I listened to the piano for a while until it stopped. The air was also getting warm. It's time to get up. I have work to do. But waking up is much harder to do when I slept late. I usually don't sleep late. I value my sleep and I rarely sacrifice sleep. I had not realized the time until I felt the air getting gold and I realized it was already 2 in the morning so off to sleep then.

My sister's new hobby or as she puts it "new indulgence" is reading books. She mentioned Twilight Saga to me by Stephenie Meyer as the "in" book but she could not find a softbound copy in Baguio. I was off to the mall on Saturday so I picked up a copy of the first book Twilight for her. My first impression was of a teenybopper love story but it was about vampires. There's something about vampires that fascinated me and although I knew that vampires in movies would probably not come close to the real thing, I still watch vampire movies. I had work to do so I left the book on the couch and faced my computer.

After finishing work in the afternoon, my eyes were dry and I needed to rest from exposure to much radiation. I closed the computer, took a bite, and bathed. After that, I settled on the couch to watch but I was bored with the predictable story lines so I started the book. What do you know, I was still reading until 2 am. I won't get into the details of the book but I was engrossed in the open and sincere conversations. It was as if the fictional characters were real. I just know I have to buy the sequel.

Its one of those great mornings for me. I hope it ends well.

1 comment:

Random WAHM Thoughts said...

:D
surprised?

hehehe. just here to show some love :)

anyways, i like stephenie meyer too. wanted to buy a paperback copy on amazon but found out the shipping rates are way expensive if i only buy one. so i guess i'll save enough on my gift certificates so that i can buy all the books in the series

:D

lurv, ~kaye~