Sunday, September 28, 2008

Child Psychology

Note: This is a sequel to the puncher story.


There are characteristics unique to children.
It's something that most of us have outgrown (or not).
But it's also something that we recognize.

The two younger siblings of the "puncher girl" hanged out at my pad.
This time, their computer broke down and the older sibling needed to do an assignment.
Later the younger sibling joined us.

Curiosity is one typical characteristic of children.
They can ask you a ton of questions that could last you a lifetime answering.
In a span of a few hours they knew more information about me and my life than anybody else.
The information I had to spill ranged from where I went to school, to the contents of my fridge and the scent I use in my bathroom, to why I live by myself.
Children make persistent investigators and they can get away with it because, hey!, they are kids.

We had chips and soda as snack, which they heartily enjoyed.
It was apparent they rarely eat junk food (Oops!).
Thanks to me, they now include junk food in their diet.
After finishing up, the younger sibling sitting on the sofa engaged me in conversation.
While she was excitedly telling a story, I observed that she was patting my cloth sofa cover with her hands.
After satisfying herself, she stood up and started walking around.
I realized her hands were clean after transferring all the cheese residue in her hands to my sofa cover.
Luckily it was not moist and it came off easily.
At least it was cheese and not anything gross.
I should teach her skills in wiping her hands in sofa covers or curtains stealthily, to avoid detection by adults, which I mastered as a child.

Well children are children.

1 comment:

=supergulaman= said...

hehehe...jan din ako magaling nun bata ako... ang gumawa ng mga kabalbalan na hindi nahuhuli...ahahaha...:D