Saturday, September 13, 2008

Puncher!

It's 2:30 in the afternoon and I'm busy trying to find a good show on television from four channels .
I had my cable connection cut since the cost is a rip-off considering that the reception is not clear from excessive main line tapping .
I was interrupted by a knock and then another seemingly urgent knock.
It's troublesome (borrowing from Shikamaru's line) standing up since I'm on a bum mode.
I thought maybe its the guy delivering the water bill.
I opened the door and peering at me was my neighbor's daughter.
I smiled and said hello!
She looked at me with hopeful eyes and said "ate... mmm...pwede po pahiram ng puncher?"
I racked my brain to picture a Puncher...Puncher?...Puncher!
Aaah! It's that thing used to make two holes on paper so a bunch of papers can be held by a fastener.
I looked into my box of school supplies to find five staplers big and small, a glue gun, loads of scotch tape, and a ruler.
So I said I'm sorry I don't have any puncher.
She said with a disappointed tone "aah cge po"!
I sensed a feeling of confusion on her part about why I don't have a puncher.

This got me thinking.
Was my neighbor's daughter just exploring the possibility that maybe I have a puncher.
Does she see me as a person with a puncher.
Do I look like a person with a puncher?
I never considered myself or expressed myself as a person with a puncher.
I never even thought of a puncher since eight years ago.

I thought I was exerting too much effort thinking about it and went back to my four channels. Some things can just get you thinking hard!

4 comments:

Honie Kwon said...

hala ka..:) baka yung bata eh inisip na ayaw mo lang magpahiram.. yun lang..on our part. even if we really want to lend something.. kung ala tlga..:( masakit den yun..ahehe.. ako em may puncher..!!

---%--@ said...

hahaha! ala talaga ako puncher eh! sana ikaw nalang hiniraman!

=supergulaman= said...

puncher?..bka nmn ayaw mu lng phiram...ahahaha...buti hindi pa nangulit..bka ung puncher ay maging isang malutong n punch...aahahaha...bait nmn..pahiram n lng ng "luler"...ahahaha...

♥пчzє♥ said...

:) Hello po..pAdaan Lang,..LinK ex po:) Stapler po meron ka???ako meron dito 3 :))