Friday, September 5, 2008

Mr. Shade

I walk two blocks to where I could get a ride to work.

In the second block, I glimpsed this tall guy from a distance.

There’s just something about tall guys that get to me.

I could tell he had a good physique.

He was walking tall and straight.

A smile forms in my face as I see the distance between us closing.

Beads of sweat started to stream down the side of my face and the back of my neck.

I drew a deep breath in anticipation of being near him.

As he passed by, he blocked the sun from my face.

I was in his shadow for a moment.

It was just sheer pleasure being in the shade for even just three seconds.

I forgot to bring my umbrella.

Even after living in Manila for seven years, I just can’t take the heat.


Postscript: He was fair. He had kind eyes. He smelled nice.

2 comments:

Honie Kwon said...

ahehe.. kala ko yung mr shades is someone na nka shade.. ahehe..in fairness nakatulong sya.. hehe..!!

arah said...

ahahaha

akala ko pa naman may pumukaw na sa natutulog mong damdamin..lol


kaloka ha!!!