Sunday, September 28, 2008

Subsidies Anyone

Note: Subsidies are forms of assistance and/or incentives that decrease cost for consumers.

You might me be thinking, what the hell is interesting about subsidies that warrant attention.
It is pretty interesting if you are the recipient of subsidies.


I was able to reach my lowest possible electricity consumption of 50 KWH by plugging only my computer, television, and fan for a month. This translated into 205.65 pesos as the payable amount. I was shocked because I expected double the amount. The 50 percent discount was due to subsidies amounting to 189. 75 pesos. This means that without subsidies I would have paid 395.90 pesos or more with price adjustments.

Subsidies or lifeline rates are incentives given to people with minimal electricity consumption in a month. I got my reward! It was timely because of rising prices and decreased income augmentation opportunities.

It may be hard to maintain this level of consumption but I would surely try to gain subsidies. December is fast approaching and it would be grand to have extra money to spend.

4 comments:

=supergulaman= said...

haayysss...panu kaya kmi...wla silbi subsidies sa amin, khit ganu kmi magtipid, hindi kakayanin ng less than 50KWH...madugas government, sna khit at least 200KWH...:)

---%--@ said...

=matsuo masahiro= hindi ka daw kc mahirap! mayaman ka daw ng bonggang-bongga!hahahaha!

Honie Kwon said...

aww. hndi ko pa nakita kung may subsidies sa bill nmen.,.macheck nga mmya..ahah..wow.. ang mura na ha.. tamang pagtitipid lang tlga..:D hehe..

=supergulaman= said...

walng chatbox..d2 ako mag-spam...aheks...:D

Got an award for you...:D check it out